Single Family. Second Home. Multi-Family. Co-op. Condo. Sales and Rentals.
Mattei Law has experience representing purchasers and sellers of residential real estate in New York City, Westchester, Rockland, Nassau and Putnam Counties. We can assist you in every phase of real estate transaction from negotiation of the contract of sale and the examination of title, through to closing. Whether buying, selling or leasing, it is important to have a skilled real estate attorney on your side. Mattei Law represents property buyers, sellers and lessors in real estate transactions; aptly handling all legal aspects of purchase and sale, construction, mortgages, and leases of residential and commercial real estate.
Contracts – Negotiating, drafting and reviewing real estate agreements is at the core of what we do to advance our clients' objectives and protect their interests. Some of the contracts that we commonly handle include:
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Letters of Intent
- Option Agreements
- Loan Documents
- 1031 Exchange Documents.
Due Diligence – Reviewing title reports, survey, environmental, zoning, covenant compliance, land use, corporate authority matters, and other due diligence aspects of a purchase or sale transaction, as well as the review of existing leases, are critical to ensuring that our clients have all of the information necessary to make informed and prudent decisions.
- Liens Against Real Estate
- Titles and Deeds
- Title Defects
- Unfulfilled Contingencies
- Encumbrances Unaccounted For In Purchase Agreement
- Failure To Disclose Property Defects
- Review Home Inspection and Pest Reports
Coordination - Acting as the point of contact for the coordination of a team of real estate consultants and professionals including brokers, title companies, surveyors, counter-part legal counsel, environmental consultants, inspectors and engineers, with the goal of harmonizing the
Closing Transactions – Closing a transaction requires mastery of the process. We provide a myriad of services to ensure a and efficient and successful Closing, including:
- Deed Preparation
- Transfer and Tax Form Filings
- Prepare Closing Affidavits
- Negotiate and/or Clear Title Exceptions
- Confirm Cleared Violations, Zoning or Occupancy Issues, if any
- Clear Loan Commitment Conditions
- Acting as Escrow Agent and Arranging for Funding
- Arranging for Satisfaction or Assignment of Existing Mortgages
- Requesting Final Meter Readings
- Computing Adjustments
- Removing Occupants if Contract Requires Vacant Possession
- Monitoring Performance of Any Repairs or Construction, if New Building
- Securing Casualty/Property Insurance
- Notifying Existing Tenants of Transfer
- Final Inspection
Mattei Law's full-service real estate practice seamlessly coordinates all aspects of the transaction to bring surety and peace of mind to our clients.